Conscious Parenting & Simplicity Parenting Strategies
Parenting without a map!
Do you ever wonder how to get your kids to listen, without screaming or repeating over and over again? Have you tried resorting to time-outs, rewards and punishments, but nothing seems to last or work? Do you find it easier to simply put your child in front of a screen so you can get time to yourself but then feel guilty? Did you have a troubled childhood and are scared you will repeat the same patterns? Are you simply worried if you’re doing a good job and simply want a second opinion and some guidance?
Parenting is the hardest job in the world. When children are born they don’t come with an instruction manual. You look in a bookstore and you are overwhelmed with all the contradictory advice and the endless rows of parenting books. It is simply overwhelming and you don’t have time to read all these books. You just want strategies that work and last.
All you dream of is for your children to be strong, resilient, independent, do well in school, and grow up to be successful, well-adjusted adults.
How do you know if you need help with parenting skills?
- It feels like no matter what you do, you are having a hard time getting your kids to listen and comply.
- You struggle with being consistent when it comes to setting rules and boundaries because you are too tired, you give up or you want your kids to like you.
- You can’t get your kids to help out or comply.
- Your child suffers from anxiety and you’ve run out of ideas on how to help.
- You don’t want you child on the screens but don’t know how else to occupy them when you are busy.
- You want strategies to help your child cope with transitions.
- You want to homeschool but have no idea where to start or how to go about it.
- You’re finding it difficult prioritizing time with your kids over time at work or taking care of the house.
- You and your partner are not on the same page when it comes to parenting.
- You’re thinking of separating and want some guidance on how best to proceed to minimize scarring your children.
- You want to learn about attachment parenting.
- You want to be ready for the teen years and hope they run smoothly.
Learning effective parenting skills can help you:
- Develop a secure attachment with your child.
- Raise respectful and helpful children.
- Raise kids with strong self-esteem.
- Learn discipline strategies that are effective.
- Raise children who will love to help out.
- Get along better, have more fun together, feel closer
- Co-parent in a way that is in the best interest of the child even if you have different approaches.
- Practice healthy boundaries and limit setting.
- Learn effective discipline strategies adapted to different age groups.
- Live a value-driven life and set goals and mission statements for your family unique to the lifestyle you dream of.
Get In Touch
98, Centrepointe Drive, Ottawa (ON) K2G 6B1
Tues – Fri: 8am – 12pm
Tues & Thur: 5pm-7pm