- Web: Simplicity Parenting
- Video: Kim John Payne: Tweens and Discipline
- Video: Kim John Payne: About Simplicity Parenting
- Video: Kim John Payne on Raising Respectful Children
- Video : You are your child’s first teacher
- Web: Learning through imitation
- Web: Learning through play
- Web: The magical years of childhood
- Video: Brene Brown Ted Talk: The power of vulnerability
- Video: Dr. Gordon Neufeld : What makes a child easy to parent
- Video: Dr. Gordon Neufeld: Kids need us more than friends
- Video: Dr. Gordon Neufeld: The importance of Attachment
- Video: Dr. Gordon Neufeld: Reduce the Separation the Child is Facing
- On this page. you will find great audio downloads by Attachment Specialist Dr Gordon Neufelf. Topics covered such as: adoption and attachment, counterwill in children, making sense of giftedness, cultivating caring children, the trouble with time-outs, making sense of discipline for young children, The teachability factor etc. And on this page you will find a wide range of DVDs covering topics such as: Raising Children in a Digital World, Making Sense of Play, Making Sense of Discipline, Making sense of anxiety in children and youth, Making sense of aggression, Making sense of attention problems, Alpha children, Bullies, Making sense of counterwill, Adolescence and Sexuality, The Science of Emotion, Making sense of Preschoolers, Making sense of Adolescence, Helping Children grow up, The vital connection, etc. Finally, click on this link to find a list of courses offered online at the institute.
- Video: Dr. Dan Siegel: Mindfulness and Neural Integration
- Video: Dr. Dan Siegel: Connecting to Calm
- Video: Dr. Dan Siegel: Using Mind Sight to Nurture a Shy Child
- Video: Dr. Dan Siegel: Mindsight and Neural Integration
- Here is a good site that summarizes pretty well the Whole Brain Child Strategies of Dr Siegel (help with tantrum, emotion management, etc)
- Video Series on Attachment by Dr. Dan Siegel : On Disorganized Attachment in the Making; On Disorganized Attachment (part 2); On Ambivalent Attachment; On Avoidant Attachment; On Optimal Attachment; On The Basis of Empathy; Explains Mirror Neurons in Depth; Mirror Neurons: ‘The Discovery’; “The Low Road“; On Disorganized Attachment; On Emotional Balance; On The Idealization of Parents; On Recreating Our Past In the Present; Explains ‘Top Down’ Constraints.
- Site: Dr. Lynne Kenney helps clinicians, teachers and parents improve kid’s thinking, self-regulation, behavior and learning with Bloom BrainSmarts activities emphasizing, music, rhythm, movement, creativity, communication, exercise and nutrition. She has an amazing blog full of great articles and resources for parents, clinicians, and teachers.
- Site: Wendy Young award winning child and adolescent therapist has a website full of great resources, articles and videos to help parents, teachers and clinicians help children work through trauma, difficult emotions, over the top reactions, anger, grief and loss and other challenging behaviours. She offers a FREE anger toolkit for children and FREE printables.
- Subliminal Technology : The Truth About Subliminal Tapes
- 5 Tenets of Mindful Parenting, how this can simplify your life and bring more compassion and closeness to your relationship with your children.
- Highly recommended parenting books here.
This lecture is based on John Bradshaw’s book with the same title. He covers the first part of the book (the problem). The second part of the book deals with (the solution) and the healing process. In an emotionally revealing way John Bradshaw shows us how toxic shame is the core problem in our compulsions,co-dependencies, addictions and the drive to super-achieve. The result is a breakdown inthe family system and our inability to go forward with our lives. We are bound by our shame.Drawing from his 22 years of experience as a counselor, Bradshaw offers us the techniques to heal this shame. Using affirmations, visualizations, “inner voice” and “feeling” work plus guided meditations and other useful healing techniques, he realeases the shame that binds us to thepast.This important book breaks new ground in the core issues of societal and personal breakdown, offering techniques of recovery vital to all of us.
Many parents use shame to discipline their kids or simply use shame in their interactions with their kids. This book has helped millions identify their personal shame, understand the underlying reasons for it, address these root causes and release themselves from the shame that binds them to their past failures. This 6 part series will bring you many insights into how to become a better parents, more present, more loving. Parents all mean well, but there is always room for improvement.